Released: 22 May 2014 – Download PDF
- The Index of Services increased by 3.1% in March 2014 compared with March 2013. All of the four main components of the services industries increased in the most recent month compared with the same month a year ago.
- The largest contributions came from: business services & finance, which contributed 1.6 percentage points to total growth; and distribution, hotels & restaurants, which contributed 0.9 percentage points to total growth.
- The latest Index of Services estimates show that output increased by 0.4% between February 2014 and March 2014, following an increase of 0.2% between January 2014 and February 2014.
- The Index of Services increased by 0.9% in Q1 2014 compared with Q4 2013. This figure was unchanged from the estimate used in the Preliminary Estimate of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) published on 29 April 2014 and is consistent with the Second Estimate published today.
- The figures within this release are estimates and are on a seasonally adjusted basis. The earliest period open for revision in this release is January 2014.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.