The Flooring Show 2012 – Flooring News – Register Today!
More than 110 exhibitors already booked • 2-day retail seminar/conference programme with theme ‘Increasing the profitability of your business in tough times’ and keynote by retail guru Claire Rayner • Specially commissioned shop window / interior displays to help retailers inspire their consumers • Event to host 1st Commercial Flooring Conference targeting facilities managers, architects, specifiers, specialist installers • Full flooring installation demonstration programme
– Despite the economic situation, more than 110 exhibitors from 10 countries and representing all areas of floor coverings and related products and services will be at Harrogate. New enquiries are coming in on a daily basis and a healthy and vibrant show covering c 3,000 m2 of net floor space is anticipated. The latest exhibitor list is attached, and the online exhibitor list is updated on a daily basis
– The ‘What they are showing’ section of the website contains detailed information from exhibitors about the products and services they will be displaying, and will be updated frequently through to opening day. See: http://www.theflooringshow.com/What_they_are_showing.html
– The British Manufacturers’ Pavilion in Hall B will contain key industry names such as Brockway, Bronte, Cavalier and the British Wool Marketing Board, and the pavilion structure will allow visitors to compare what these players have to offer with ease
– 2012 marks the show’s 50th anniversary since its launch in 1962 as the Northern Floor Coverings Fair. What is significant is the emphasis this year’s event will place on the way floor coverings influence other interior design decisions in the retail sector, and the increasingly specialist and high-tech nature of floor coverings in the commercial sector
Free to attend
– The exhibition, conference/seminar programme, demonstrations and networking opportunities are all completely free of charge to trade participants
– Free parking at the venue’s underground car park is open to all visitors for all three days on a first come first served basis, and there will be free internet access throughout
– As the only UK event exclusively dedicated to the flooring industry, it’s the one place and time when the whole sector gets together, making it the ideal opportunity for visitors to see their current suppliers, meet new ones, network, and learn about new products and launches
– The show’s organisers have considerably increased investment in the visitor promotional campaign, which encompasses print advertising, direct mail, online banner advertising, social media (Twitter), emails and close liaison with exhibitors to reach their target customers directly. The campaign will reach a peak in the final run-in to the show
– With the bulk of pre-registrations usually coming in the final three weeks before the show it is too early to call the programme a success, but progress is very encouraging with pre-registration currently tracking well ahead of last year
– As well as working closely with media partners who will be producing show preview features, there will be two final printed marketing documents:
- the map-based Show Planner will be distributed in week commencing 16 July, and features an illustrated diagram of the key show features as well as a comprehensive list of visitor attractions, hotels, restaurants, bars and cafes based on the theme ‘Make a weekend of it’ – encouraging participants to enjoy all the networking opportunities that Harrogate has to offer to the full
- in addition the Show Preview will be published approximately three weeks prior to the event and will contain comprehensive timetables, full programmes for the seminar, conference and demonstrations, and a printed summary of what key exhibitors will be displaying
The retail seminar programme/retail displays
– Enormous efforts are being made to enhance the seminar / conference programme for the retail / domestic sector. The 2-day programme (Sunday 2 and Monday 3 September) has the theme: ‘Increasing the profitability of your business in tough times’ and will directly address what actions small and medium-sized businesses can do to build business. The programme will include the following topics (for full detail please see the attached schedule):
- Keynote by ‘retail champion’ Clare Rayner – Enhancing your retail presence
- Business finance – dealing with cashflow and other issues; sources of finance for business expansion
- Can a buying group benefit your business?
- Effective shop window and interior display design
- How the internet can help your business grow
- Training and apprenticeships – how they can help your business, and how you can afford them
- Estimating software – a customer service tool that can boost profits
– To accompany the programme we have commissioned a range of three retail displays to illustrate how retailers can use creative design to inspire their customers.
– The seminar / conference programme will take place in a specially constructed theatre on the exhibition floor, right at the heart of the event.
– As in previous years, there will be a comprehensive 3-day demonstration programme spearheaded by the CFA – FITA – NICF and taking place in the Demo Zone in Hall B. Numerous exhibiting companies will also feature demos on their stands
Commercial flooring conference
– The 2012 Flooring Show is aiming to feature the UK’s first conference dedicated to commercial floor coverings:
- Theme: ‘Best practice, shared knowledge’
- Target audience: facilities managers, architects and specifiers, specialist installers
- Programme features technical contributions from market leading manufacturers of specialist floor coverings plus case studies based on actual installations. Companies already on board for the conference include Altro, Flowcrete, Gerflor, Interface, and the floor covering test laboratory, SATRA Technology
- Programme to cover key market segments including healthcare; fitness & leisure; commercial office; retail & shopping; education; and hotel & restaurant
- Compiled in consultation with relevant professional bodies to meet CPD requirements
What’s happening at the show
– There’s a great deal happening on the show floor. As well as the exhibition, the British Pavilion, the Design Theatre and Demonstration Area, visitors have the following to look forward to:
- Sunday afternoon drinks reception hosted by Gearing Media Group
- The hugely popular Sunday lunch in the Royal Hall – tickets available from exhibitor sponsors
- The Recofloor Bacon Butty roadshow – learn about the Recofloor recycling scheme while sampling a delicious complimentary bacon butty!
- Cormar Carpets will offer the chance to win an Apple iPad every day of the show, and see the benefits of ordering online using portal.cormarcarpets.co.uk. Visit stand A17 to enter
- Abingdon will host a drinks reception every day from 4.30pm to 6pm on stand A15/19 – all welcome
- The Kersaint Cobb beach bar is back! Don’t miss a taste of the tropics at stand A13/21
- Lifestyle Floors are offering the chance to win a showroom makeover, including expert design and advice in a package worth over £1,500. Stand A12/22
- Kingsmead will conduct a business card raffle every day for the chance to win a bottle of champagne – stand C20
- Manx Carpets will be offering a free draw to customers leaving their business cards at stand C5 for a chance to win two tickets to watch Manchester United vs Liverpool at Old Trafford during the 2012-13 season (no cash equivalent)
- Celebrate Mastercraft Rugs 30th anniversary with a glass of champagne on stand C3
Enjoy Belgian specialities with Lano. Visit stand M23 to sample fine Belgian draft beer and chocolates!