Milliken’s floor covering division launches its first ever sustainability report to provide transparency and detailed insight into the company’s global operations and product offering. The report shares knowledge into five material categories and details how Milliken will progress toward 2020 resource reduction goals.
“To Milliken, success is grounded in intentional environmental stewardship and has been for more than a century,” noted Jim McCallum, president of the global Milliken floor covering division. “This report sheds light on the lofty expectations of a holistic approach to sustainability that we set for our company to create innovations that ‘do good’ for the world.”
Jim McCallum, President of the global Milliken floor covering division
Material issues addressed include: chemical and human health impacts, recycled content and recyclability, resource consumption, supply chain impacts of products and employer of choice.
Key highlights from the report include:
- Reducing Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 17.5% and 6.4%, respectively
- Reducing energy consumption by 13.6%
- Reducing water consumption by 35.7%
- Reducing waste generation by 11.2%
- Completing Declare transparency labels for Milliken PVC-free broadloom and modular carpet labels to now provide four third-party verified environmental certifications/labels
- Supporting charities around the world with volunteer commitments and monetary and product donations
Notably, the report meets the requirements of LEED V.4 MRc3 credit and precedes advancements across multiple components of Milliken’s sustainability program, which will be announced throughout the remainder of 2015.
Philip Ivey, global sustainability leader for the Milliken floor covering division, noted: “We’re holding ourselves both publically and privately accountable for our impact on the world. We’re excited to share our division’s work to live out Milliken & Company’s Environmental Policy and role in the Milliken family of companies’ recognition as a carbon-negative manufacturer by the Leonardo Academy Cleaner and Greener® program.”
To download the Milliken Floor Covering Division Sustainability Report, visit: