HTC launches AirFlow™ – a whole new generation of tool holders
The friction created between the surface and diamond tool when grinding concrete, stone and terrazzo floors leads to heat generation which affects quality and performance. If temperatures are too high, there is a risk of so-called glazing and a reduction in tool performance, resulting in loss of efficiency and higher costs.
The introduction of AirFlow™ technology is the latest step in HTC’s ongoing development process. The Airflow™ tool holders create an increased and controlled flow of air below the grinding cover, which results in significantly lower operating temperatures and improved dust removal efficiency.
AirFlow™ tool holder properties include
- Fan blade effect – with unique design (patent pending)
- Cast aluminium – strong and quickly leads heat away from the tools
- Increased air flow – the air cools and conveys the dust away more efficiently
- Enhanced particle removal – healthier and safer working environment and less dust removal after grinding.
The AirFlow™ tool holder is only compatible with HTC original tools. HTC’s 650 RX/HDX, 800 RX/HDX and 950 RX can all be upgraded with AirFlow. As of April 20, 2015, newly-produced machines with the same model names will also be fitted with AirFlow™ as original equipment.
AirFlow™ brings direct benefits to users of HTC’s machines and tools:
• longer service life for HTC’s tools
• greater efficiency
• improved working environment
AirFlow™ will first be launched on the North-American market. It will then be launched to the rest of the world on April 20, 2015.
You can find out more about AirFlow™ at www.htc-floorsystems.com