Released: 23 December 2014 – Download PDF
- Key points
- Key Information
- Economic background
- GDP impact and components
- Component analysis
- Background notes
- Statistical contacts
- The Index of Services is estimated to have increased by 3.4% in October 2014 compared with October 2013. All of the four main components of the services industries increased in the most recent month compared with the same month a year ago.
- The largest contributions came from: business services & finance, which contributed 1.6 percentage points to total growth; and distribution, hotels & restaurants, which contributed 0.9 percentage points to total growth.
- The latest Index of Services estimates show that output increased by 0.3% between September 2014 and October 2014.
- The Index of Services increased by 0.8% in Q3 2014 compared with Q2 2014. This figure was unrevised from the estimate of 0.8% used in the Second Estimate of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) published on 26 November 2014.
- The figures within this release are estimates and are on a seasonally adjusted basis. The earliest period open for revision in this release is January 2013.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.