Part of Index of Services, February 2014 Release
Released: 29 April 2014 – Download PDF
- The Index of Services increased by 2.7% in February 2014 compared with February 2013. All of the four main components of the services industries increased in the most recent month compared with the same month a year ago.
- The largest contributions came from: business services & finance, which contributed 1.4 percentage points to total growth; and distribution, hotels & restaurants, which contributed 0.7 percentage points to total growth.
- The latest Index of Services estimates show that output increased by 0.2% between January 2014 and February 2014, following an increase of 0.3% between December 2013 and January 2014.
- There was no evidence to suggest that the storms and high rainfall in February had a significant impact on output in the services industries.
- The figures within this release are estimates and are on a seasonally adjusted basis. The earliest period open for revision in this release is January 2014.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.