Part of Index of Services, May 2014 Release
- Key points
- Key Information
- Economic background
- GDP impact and components
- Component analysis
- Background notes
- Statistical contacts
- The Index of Services increased by 3.3% in May 2014, compared with May 2013. All of the four main components of the services industries increased in the most recent month, compared with the same month a year ago.
- The largest contributions came from: business services & finance, which contributed 1.7 percentage points to total growth; and distribution, hotels & restaurants, which contributed 0.8 percentage points to total growth.
- The latest Index of Services estimates show that output increased by 0.3% between April 2014 and May 2014, the second consecutive 0.3% increase.
- The figures within this release are estimates and are on a seasonally adjusted basis. The earliest period open for revision in this release is April 2014.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.