Part of Index of Services, June 2014 Release
Released: 15 August 2014 – Download PDF
- The Index of Services increased by 3.6% in June 2014 compared with June 2013. All of the four main components of the services industries increased in the most recent month compared with the same month a year ago.
- The largest contributions came from: business services & finance, which contributed 1.7 percentage points to total growth; and distribution, hotels & restaurants, which contributed 0.9 percentage points to total growth.
- The latest Index of Services estimates show that output increased by 0.3% between May 2014 and June 2014, the third consecutive 0.3% increase.
- The Index of Services increased by 1.0% in Q2 2014 compared with Q1 2014. This figure was unchanged from the estimate used in the Preliminary Estimate of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) published on 25 July 2014 and is consistent with the Second Estimate published today.
- The figures within this release are estimates and are on a seasonally adjusted basis. The earliest period open for revision in this release is April 2014.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.