- The seasonally adjusted Index of Production fell by 3.0 per cent in October 2012 compared with October 2011;
- The seasonally adjusted Index of Manufacturing fell by 2.1 per cent in October 2012 compared with October 2011;
- Production fell by 0.8 per cent between September 2012 and October 2012, with mining & quarrying falling by 3.9 per cent, and a fall of 1.3 per cent in manufacturing;
- The earliest period open for revision is January 2011;
- All revisions to Index of Production quarters are estimated to have minimal impact (less than 0.05 percentage points) on previously published estimates of GDP quarterly growth rates;
- Users are reminded that all figures contained within this release are estimates.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.