- Key points
- A brief description of Consumer Price Inflation
- Consumer Prices Index (CPI)
- Consumer Prices Index (CPI): What are the main movements?
- Retail Prices Index (RPI) and RPIJ
- Guide to Data
- Background notes
- Statistical contacts
- 1.9% growth in Consumer Prices Index (CPI) in the year to January 2014, down from 2.0% in December 2013.
- The fall in the rate resulted from price movements for recreational goods & services, furniture & household goods and alcoholic beverages & tobacco. These were partially offset by price movements for miscellaneous goods & services.
- 1.8% growth in CPIH in the year to January 2014, down from 1.9% in December 2013. RPIJ grew by 2.1%, up from 2.0% in December 2013.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.