InstaFloor, manufacturer of the revolutionary InstaLay self-adhesive acoustic underlay which will be on show at the Harrogate Flooring Show, has launched a new demonstration video showing how easy it is to install luxury vinyl tiles (LVTs) on loose laid InstaLay.
While InstaLay, with its low or high grab self-adhesive membrane, has been designed for use with carpet, carpet tiles, wood and sheet flooring it is particularly beneficial with LVTs. Its recycled rubber crumb construction forgives sub-floor imperfections and minimises the risk of them telegraphing through the finished surface. This often eliminates the need for costly and time consuming screeds or smoothing compounds and, being loose laid, it requires no wet adhesives and so avoids any mess and open times.
The InstaLay ‘Peel & Stick’ system offers various additional benefits compared with traditional methods of fitting LVTs:
● The adhesive membrane provides significant LVT bond strength, yet a plank can be re-positioned, during initial installation, if necessary.
● InstaLay’s adhesive membrane can facilitate easy replacement of damaged LVTs.
● The InstaLay cushioning gives underfoot comfort and anti-fatigue characteristics.
● The 3mm InstaLay provides excellent acoustic performance, with a 23dB impact sound improvement and an IIC rating of 55.
● It is durable, long lasting, hygienic and will not collapse over time.
● InstaLay high performance Peel & Stick acoustic underlay, when installed beneath luxury vinyl tiles in a registered installation, is guaranteed for 15 years from the date of installation.
Since its launch in early 2011, InstaLay has become firmly established as a preferred underlay with both clients and flooring contractors, not just in the UK and Europe but also in the USA, South Africa and the Middle East. Its speed and ease of installation makes it a favourite with flooring fitters while at the same time saving significant time and money for end users.