With 95% of stands already sold, this year’s Flooring Show will be the biggest for many years, and the industry is starting to gear up for an exciting and vibrant event. The show will be held at its habitual home in Harrogate from 20-22 September 2015.
Event Director Wendy Adams comments: “We are very pleased to see our floorplan so full this early in the cycle. We’ve worked hard over the past few years to bring back some big names to Harrogate, and it’s fantastic we now have a great mix of familiar faces and exciting new brands – I’m sure 2015 will be a great year for the show.”
In addition to favourites including Cormar Carpets, Abingdon Flooring, F Ball & Co, Lano, Lifestyle Floors and many others, the 2015 show welcomes a host of new and returning names including IVC Group, Asiatic Carpets & Rugs, Uzin, Whitestone Weavers, Hugh Mackay, Windmoeller, Parquex, Jaymart and Ultimate Rugs.
As well as being a platform for top-rated exhibitors, the show will continue to develop feature areas to enhance the visitor experience:
- The 2014 show introduced ‘The Wool Trends Centre’ in conjunction with the British Wool Marketing Board and the Campaign for Wool; this popular area will return in 2015 in expanded format, and includes key manufacturers Brockway, Cavalier, Westex, Axminster, Brintons, Adams, Bronte and Ulster – all exhibiting.
- The ever popular Demo Areas run by NICF, FITA and CFA will return – the programme has now been published and can be seen here.
- This year the Trends Hub team will create a ‘flooring retail shop of the future’, that the consumer will really want to visit. There will also be a seminar explaining the key points about the shop concept on the Sunday morning. The idea is to provide some ideas and food for thought, primarily for independent flooring retailers to take home and make some positive changes to their business. In an environment where major national chains have been introducing marketing and investment plans to target a wider range of consumers, the Hub will provide features, ideas and examples to help independent retailers continue to develop their own offerings.
This project is being supported by Adam Carpets, Interfloor, Interface, Concept Handtufting, British Ceramic Tile and The Stocklist with their brand new ‘Vizifloor’ consumer product. More info here.
- The seminar programmes in the Business Enrichment Theatre will provide a great opportunity for retailers and other show attendees to take away some business improvement actions that can be implemented without cost, the very next day. HOUZZ – the fastest growing website in this category in the world – will be leading design seminars; Vanessa Brady, newly appointed OBE for her outstanding services to the design industry, will be talking about how to sell to interior design companies; and ever popular David Abbott will be talking about best pricing. The programme runs throughout the show – full schedule here.
Other news items include the following:
- Accommodation will be tighter than usual this year because of the increased size of the show, and the fact that the large Harrogate Autumn Flower Show is also open on Sunday 20th Room stocks at some hotels are already running low, so visitors shouldn’t hesitate to book now. The show’s accommodation agents have already block-booked a number of rooms at advantageous prices – more info here.
- A comedy night will again be held in the stunning Royal Hall at the HIC on Sunday 20th September 2015. The evening is at 19:00 for 19:30, after the end of the opening day and networking reception, and costs £350 for a table for 10, including supper. It will feature top comedians from the pro circuit Jamie Sutherland and Phil Walker, plus one other to be confirmed. All profit goes to the following children’s charities:
– Candlelighters Leeds cancer charity
– Variety, the Children’s Charity
– CLIC Sargent children’s cancer charity
Call The Flooring Show on +44 (0) 1423 779967 for more info.
- The NICF is again running a competition on its stand in Hall B – ‘Find the Fault – Carpet’. The prize package this year has been donated by three companies, Roberts, Janser and Personna:
- 1000 triple facet blades kindly donated by Personna
- Tool bag kindly donated by Janser Ltd
- GT Extendable Knee Kicker and a Deluxe Heatbond Iron kindly donated by Roberts
To keep updated go to the show website www.theflooringshow.com, where visitors can register to visit the show free of charge.