More than a third of Brits want to reduce their spending in 2015, according to a survey by Gocompare.
The survey of more than 2,000 people found that 34% need to cut costs in the year ahead.
Respondents were asked for the ways they were planning to save money over the next 12 months. The top 5 most popular ways to reduce costs were:
- use vouchers and coupons to claim discounts (48%)
- join loyalty and cashback schemes (43%)
- look for the best deals on car insurance (31%)
- search for cheaper home insurance (30%)
- reduce heating bills by turning down the thermostat (30%).
Matt Sanders, money spokesperson at Gocompare, said:
“Our survey suggests that many people will be looking for ways to make their money go further in the New Year – from taking advantage of discounted and cashback offers to shopping around for better deals on a wide range of products and services.”