Released: 26 November 2014 – Download PDF
- The Index of Services is estimated to have increased by 3.4% in September 2014 compared with September 2013. All of the four main components of the services industries increased in the most recent month compared with the same month a year ago.
- The largest contributions came from: business services & finance, which contributed 1.8 percentage points to total growth; and distribution, hotels & restaurants, which contributed 0.8 percentage points to total growth.
- The latest Index of Services estimates show that output increased by 0.5% between August 2014 and September 2014.
- The Index of Services increased by 0.8% in Q3 2014 compared with Q2 2014. This figure was revised up by 0.1 percentage points from the estimate of 0.7% used in the Preliminary Estimate of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) published on 24 October 2014. The largest contributions came from distribution, hotels & restaurants and business services & finance, although the revision had minimal impact on GDP.
- The figures within this release are estimates and are on a seasonally adjusted basis. The earliest period open for revision in this release is July 2014.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.